"Life is a highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long."
Thank you Rascal Flatts for singing a song that belt out on the highway with the radio cranked up. Woo hoo!!! That being said, the lyrics aren't true. If life was a highway, I'd be sailing through smoothly with only some minor slow downs, a bit of construction, and a few crazies around me zooming to get there first.
I can only speak for myself, but my life is a lot more complicated than that. I think my life is more like a rocky path. Yes, it is beautiful. But it certainly isn't smooth all the time.
I have had some amazing experiences and made some cool choices recently. I also have a lot coming up in the next month or two.
Here's a snapshot:
(1) I hiked to the top of the nation's second tallest mountain, Mt. Elbert, at 14,440 feet.
(2) I began sponsoring and praying for a 10 year old girl in Honduras through Compassion International
(3) I decided to stop my church-hopping and go back home to Trinity Episcopal Church
(4) I agreed to speak at said church in two weeks -- eek!
(5) I am also considering an opportunity to work as a youth group leader at said church
(6) I replaced William (Dodge Neon) with my new unnamed darling (Mazda 3)
(7) I agreed to participate in the Tough Mudder Challenge in mid November
(8) I will be turning 23 in less than one month
I initially intended on writing more, but I'm exhausted. I'll share some stories this weekend.