Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Beginning

Hello all. I suppose I would first like to begin by introducing myself. I am a sophomore Marketing/Management double major at Drake University. I stay actively involved at Drake, mostly within business through the professional business fraternity Delta Sigma Pi, Investment Club, and SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise). I also participate in Colleges Against Cancer and earn extra cash working in the Alumni Center at Phonathon. Usually the job is regarded as slow, boring and depressing, however, I think that with the right perspective it can be one of the best jobs on campus and provide hundreds of connections to alumni across the United States.

I have limited experience as a college student, though I gained valuable experience during my summer marketing internship at Spire2 Communications, Inc. working on an interactive community mural project. As I continue to further my knowledge on the economy, business, leadership and various topics of interest, I intend to include my opinion as well as offer information that may prove to be helpful or interesting at the very least.

Until next time, I leave you with what I hope will be interpreted as an inspirational quote,

"What we call results are beginnings -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

No comments: